I saw Yatie's post for her Bingka Durian this morning. The bingka looks sooo delicious. The only way to taste it is of course, bake it! All the ingredients, including the durian, are in hand. So, in just over an hour, the kuih was ready! The taste & texture are just amazing! No kidding!
Recipe by Yatie @ Sinar Kehidupanku.
(makes a 10-cup mixture)
1 cup thick coconut milk (I used freshly-squeezed coconut milk.)
2 1/4 cup water
2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups durian flesh
sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat ove at 200 deg C. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients except durian & mix with a hand whisk until well blended.
- Add in durian & mix well.
- Heat up greased pan in the oven. Take it out from oven & pour mixture into the pan. Sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked.
- Remove from pan & leave aside to cool. Cut into small pieces & serve.