Friday 22 April 2011

Oreo Banana Muffin


          I love baking muffins because it's easy to prepare and  they always turn out great. The key is to mix the dry and liquid ingredients separately first. Then mix them together gently and do not overmix. When I saw the recipe of this muffin here, I couldn't wait to try it. The muffins are moist and delicious. They look pretty too!


Ingredients:
A
135g  all-purpose flour (sieved)
1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp baking soda     
1/4 tsp salt
Oreo biscuits, cream removed, break into pieces (I used 5 pieces)

B
30g brown sugar
30g castor sugar
1 egg ( lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp  vanilla essence ( I used pure vanilla paste)
40g melted butter
25g corn oil ( I used canola oil)
1 tbsp golden syrup ( I used pure maple syrup)
1 tbsp condensed milk
1/4 cup sour cream ( I used plain yoghurt)
1/2 cup mashed banana ( I used 1 large banana)

Topping
Oreo cookies
Banana - sliced into small pieces

Method:
1. Mix A together.
2. Mix B together in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour A into B and mix everything with minimum handling.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tray lined with paper muffin cups up to 80% full.
5. Top with sliced banana and oreo pieces.
6. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes - 30 minutes or till cooked.


Makes about 23 small muffins.
Source: Do What I Like

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...