If you don’t want to consume the begedil within the day, you may store the shaped begedil in the fridge. When you want to eat it, dip it in the egg & fry it.
Begedil ( Potato Cutlets)
1 kg potato
200g ground beef
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped spring onion & celery
1 tbsp fried shallots
pinch of nutmeg
salt to taste
2 eggs (beaten)
oil for frying
- Peel & slice potatoes about ½ cm thick. Deep fry until cook. Once cooked, remove from frying pan & place on kitchen paper towel to drain oil. Then mash when still warm. Put the mashed potato in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place ground beef in a pan & cook on medium fire until it’s cooked & almost dry. Remove from fire & add to the mashed potato.
- Add in ground black pepper, chopped spring onion & celery, fried shallots, nutmeg powder & salt. Mix well.
- Take a small amount of the potato mixture & form into a ball. Then flatten it slightly. Do the same with the rest until finish.
- Pour some oil into a frying pan (preferably a flat one), about 1-cm deep. Dip a piece of the begedil into the beaten egg until well coated & fry until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place the begedil on a plate lined with paper kitchen towel to drain the oil. Serve.