I made Green Bean Pudding for iftar on Tuesday. It's not the kids' favourite (it's the green bean..), so decided to make only half the original recipe. It's still a lot for the house, so I decided to share it with my mum & two cousins.
Green Bean Pudding
Recipe by Rahati Yusoff.
(Below is half the original recipe.)
60g roasted green bean flour
1050 ml coconut milk from 1 coconut
1 small egg (beaten)
150g fine sugar (I would reduce this in future.)
75g gula melaka
1/2 tsp pandan paste - I used pandan juice.
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp green colour
1/2 tsp lemon yellow colour
1 packet (10g) agar-agar powder
- Combine green bean flour & coconut milk & mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg & sugar. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into the coconut milk mixture. Then add pandan paste, salt & colour. Mix until well blended. Strain mixture into a saucepan.
- Add in agar-agar powder & mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until it boils, stirring continuously.
- Add in butter & cook until butter melts. Remove from fire.
- Wet a 7x7-inch pan or your favourite jelly mould. Pour mixture into the pan. Leave aside to cool. Chill before serving.