Monday 3 December 2012

Bingka Ubi Kayu Jagung (Adapted version.)



As promised, I'm posting the adjusted recipe of the Bingka Ubi Kayu Jagung. In case you have not read my previous entry on this kuih, I wanted to make adjustment to the top layer of the original recipe. So a week after my first attempt, I made the kuih again, making some adjustments. I'm happy with the outcome. This time the  sweet corn flavour was more intense, the way I like it.



Changes I made this time:
1. I used 1 cup of whole-kernel sweet corn instead of 3/4 cup.
2. I added 100g cream-style sweet corn & a tsp of sweet corn flavour, just like what I did for my  Sweet
Corn Chiffon Cake. Since I added the cream-style corn, I reduced the coconut milk by 45g. I think I'm not  going to reduce it the next time I make this kuih.
4. I  used my Nordicware quartet pan instead of a round pan. The mixture fits perfectly in the NW pan.


Bingka Ubi Kayu Jagung (Adapted version.)
(Sweet Corn Tapioca Traditional Cake)

Adapted from recipe by a Bruneian from 'Cooking from the Hearts'.

Bottom layer:
225 ml coconut milk (This time I used  Matahari coconut cream.)
5-10 pandan leaves
150g palm sugar (gula melaka)
1 egg
450g  fresh tapioca (grated)
30g plain flour
18g butter (I melted it.)
dash of salt
brown colouring

Combine coconut milk, pandan leaves & palm sugar in a pot & heat up until it boils. Strain & leave aside. Combine the rest of ingredients & pour in coconut mixture & mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into a greased 8 inch pan. Bake at 200 deg C for 15 minutes.

Top layer:
180 ml coconut milk 
5-10 pandan leaves
200g castor sugar 
1 egg
450g fresh tapioca (grated)
30g plain flour
1 cup canned whole-kernel sweet corn
100g cream-style sweet corn
1 tsp corn flavour
dash of salt
yellow colouring

Combine coconut milk, pandan leaves & sugar in a pot & heat up until it boils. Strain & leave aside. Combine the rest of ingredients & pour in coconut mixture & mix thoroughly. Pour mixture onto bottom layer. Bake at 200 deg C for 20-30 minutes.





2 comments:

Gee® said...

Sedapnyaaaa....

Ayu said...

Assalam Faeez,
wah itu dia dah keluar adjusted version ya..ok ok will take note bila nak buat lagi..add corn flavour and cream corn + more corn..uish pasti LAGI best!!! thank you dear for sharing ya..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...