Time really flies, especially during Ramadhan, when we have a long list of things to do..... I've baked several layered cakes & cookies but have not managed to post any entry about them. Last weekend, I baked two Mocha Nutella Layed Cakes, one for my mum & one for my sis. I like baking 2 layered cakes (preferably the same type) at a time as it is more efficient. You see, it takes me about slightly more than an hour if I baked 1 cake only. But if I baked 2, I normally take slightly more than 1 & a half hour. So by spending half an hour more, I get 2 cakes.
60g chocolate spread ( nutella)
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
20 egg yolk
6 egg white
220 castor sugar
1/2 tbsp ovalette
150 plain flour ( I used cake flour)
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven at 160 deg C. Use top heat only.
- Cream A until softened & mixed thoroughly.
- Combine B in a mixing bowl & beat until thick.
- Add A & mix thoroughly.
- Fold in C.
- Pour 2 ladles of batter into a 9x9x3" (I used 10x7") lined & greased baking pan (Grease & line bottom of pan only). Grill for about 1-2 minutes till golden brown.
- Repeat step 6 until finished.