Monday 15 August 2011

Mocha Nutella Layered Cake

          Time really flies, especially during Ramadhan, when we have a long list of things to do..... I've baked several layered cakes & cookies but have not managed to post any entry about them. Last weekend, I baked two Mocha Nutella Layed Cakes, one for my mum & one for my sis. I like baking 2 layered cakes (preferably the same type) at a time as it is more efficient. You see, it takes me about slightly more than an hour if I baked 1 cake only. But if I baked 2, I normally take slightly more than 1 & a half hour. So by spending half an hour more, I get 2 cakes.


           This recipe is by Chef Zaidah which I took from her book, Kek Lapis.  It's basically a chocolate layered cake. This is my first time  baking this cake. Took the risk of baking it for Eid! It's worthwhile as the cake is delicious & moist. Try this if you are still thinking which layered cake to bake for Eid!



A
500g butter
60g chocolate spread ( nutella)
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence

B
20 egg yolk
6 egg white
220 castor sugar
1/2 tbsp ovalette

C (sifted)
150 plain flour ( I used cake flour)
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder



Method:
  1. Preheat oven at 160 deg C. Use top heat only.
  2. Cream A until softened & mixed thoroughly.
  3. Combine B in a mixing bowl & beat until thick.
  4. Add A & mix thoroughly.
  5. Fold in C.
  6. Pour 2 ladles of batter into a 9x9x3"  (I used 10x7") lined & greased baking pan (Grease & line bottom of pan only). Grill for about 1-2 minutes till golden brown.
  7. Repeat step 6 until finished.

4 comments:

Jane said...

What beautiful work you did on these cakes! They couldn't look more perfect. A great use of Nutella, I must say!

Faeez said...

Thank you Jane. I love baking layered cakes ever since I've mastered the art of baking them!

ady said...

cantik, menarik, tertarik...

Faeez said...

Terima kasih Ady. Terima kasih juga sebab ikuti blog saya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...