This is my first attempt baking blondies. I would not have baked them if not for Maisur's constant pestering. We saw Rachel Allen baking these on her show recently. Since then, Maisur could not stop asking me when I would be baking them because he said they looked delicious.
They sure are delicious. They taste even better the next day as the peanut butter flavour develops & the sweetness becomes less intense. And when served with a scoop of ice-cream, the taste is just heaven!
Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Blondies
Recipe by: Rachel Allen
• 125g plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 100g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing (I used unsalted butter & added 1/4 tsp salt.)
• 150g crunchy peanut butter (I used creamy peanut butter.)
• 175g light brown sugar (I used 150g.)
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 75g white chocolate, chopped (I used mocha chocolate chips.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix well.
4. Place the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.