Tuesday 30 July 2013

Rice Flour Pineapple Tarts

This year, I'm breaking away from my Hari Raya tradition of using the same recipe for my Pineapple Tarts. Instead, I used a recipe I got from a weekend baking class that used mainly rice flour & a lesser portion of plain flour.  There were 3 ticks on the recipe (I normally do that after tasting the product.), implying that the recipe is a good one. However, I decided to still retain the lotus shape.




Rice Flour Pineapple Tarts
Recipe by Nurul Imah.

Ingredients:
250g butter (softened) - I added a bit more as my dough was quite dry.
30g sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolk
20g powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp butter oil essence (I used vanilla paste.)
*20g milk powder
*260g rice flour
*120g plain flour
(*sifted)
pineapple filling

Method:

  1. Combine butter, condensed milk, egg yolk, sugar, salt & butter oil in a mixing bowl & mix until well blended.
  2. Add flour & mix thoroughly until a dough is formed. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
  3. Roll out dough & cut out using cookie cutter. Fill in with pineapple filling. (I formed into lotus shape. Refer here for steps to form the lotus flower.)
  4. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 140 deg C.
Refer here for my other post on my Tart Teratai.

10 comments:

Gee® said...

Cantiknyaaa....

Anonymous said...

Hi, your lotus shaped tarts look nice, i tried during chinese new year but the petals came off during baking (didn't stick to the jam like yours), what could have happened?

kitchen flavours said...

Cute pineapple tarts! First time seeing a lotus shaped tart!

Victoria Bakes said...

your bakes are always so impressive

Anonymous said...

thx for sharing our pretty tarts recipe. I dont like making cut out cookies using rolling pin type. Can never get the thickness evenly. Admire your patience in shaping the lotus shape.

Faeez said...

Gee, kalau dihidangkan, mesti nak rasa kan.... :)

Faeez said...

Hi Anonymous, perhaps your filling is dry, so the pastry doesn't stick to it. You also need to gently press the petal to the filling. If yr filling is dry, u may want to recook it by adding water. Don't cook till too dry as it will be drier when cool. Hope this helps.

Faeez said...

Joyce, there're attractive, aren't they? Delicious too...:)

Faeez said...

Hi Victoria, thank you,

Faeez said...

Hi Anonymous, thank you. Hope this will motivate you to do the rolling pin type of cookies ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...