Lapis Chocolate Mint
Souce: Bro Rozzan
120g fine sugar
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
250g sweetened condensed milk
80g malt powder (Horlicks)
160g Hongkong flour (I used cake flour.)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp hot water - mixed with cocoa powder
2 tsp peppermint essence
- Line & grease bottom of a 7 x 7 inch pan. Set aside. (I doubled the recipe & baked in a 10x7 pan.)
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar on high speed until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Reduce speed & beat in vanilla essence, condensed milk, malt powder & kaya. Mix until well blended.
- Stop machine & fold in flour.
- Divide mixture into two parts. Add cocoa into one & peppermint & green colour into the other. Mix well.
- Preheat oven at about 180-190 deg C, top & bottom heat. Pour 2 ladles of cocoa mixture into baking pan & spread mixture evenly. Bake for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked. Once cooked, remove pan from oven & press top of cake gently using a lapis presser or bottom flat surface of glass.
- Then adjust oven setting to grill (top heat only) at temperature of about 200-210 deg C.
- Pour 2 ladles of peppermint mixture into baking pan & spread evenly. Bake untill cook. Continure baking alternate layers until finish. (I baked 2 layers of cocoa mixture followed by 2 layers of peppermint mixture.)