Thursday 20 June 2013

Best Ever Banana Muffins

Before we left for KL last Saturday, I threw into the freezer some food items which otherwise would have turned bad in the fridge by the time we  came back this week. One of them is half a bunch of ripe bananas with which I had already planned to bake muffins. That's exactly what I did with them this morning, before I forget about them....


I used the recipe shared by Roz @ Homekreation which she called her Best Ever Banana Muffins. After baking them, I understand why... they are simply yummy. Light & fluffy, they rose quite nicely even when I fill the cups almost to the brim, unlike some recipes which cause the muffins to overflow onto the pan. Only thing, I find them rather sweet, maybe because the bananas were very ripe. So the next time I use this recipe, I'll adjust the amount of sugar used.




Best Ever Banana Muffins
Source: Roz@HomeKreation.

Ingredients:
170g (3/4 cup) mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
1 egg - slightly beaten
1/3 cup (80g) melted butter
1 tsp baking powder*
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda*
1/2 tsp salt*
1 1/2 cup (180g) flour* (* sift together)
1 tsp pure vanilla paste (I added.)

Method:
  1. Place bananas & sugar in a bowl & mix until combined. 
  2. Add in egg & butter gradually while mixing. 
  3. Fold in dry ingredients gradually until well mixed. 
  4. Spoon into muffin cups/tin. 
  5. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 deg C.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this muffin looks very nice n yummy.

Faeez said...

Xing Hui, thanks for dropping by. Yes, it tastes yummy too. Why don't you try baking it... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...