Thursday 31 October 2013

Afghan Cookies, again.....

Seriously, I don't remember when I made these Afghan Cookies... The only thing I remember is that the recipe is the same as the one I used in April. Loved these cookies a lot... if you are a chocoholic, I would highly recommend you bake them!




Afghan Cookies
Recipe from Australian/New Zealand Food About.com.

Ingredients:
200g butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used top flour.)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona.)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened corn flakes
icing sugar - for dusting

Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and mix into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Fold in cornflakes. 
  4. Roll or press 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls and flatten them slightly. Place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
  5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. 
  6. Dust icing sugar & store in airtight container.
I'm submitting this post to the Aspiring Bakers No 36: Choc-a-Cookie (October 2013) event, hosted by Genie of Honeybee916 Food.

1 comment:

victoria bakes said...

i remember you making this previously... it must be good for you to rebake.. gonna bookmark this. many thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...