There's just one more week to go before the month of March... Time really flies when you are so busy. So this is my first post for February. Actually, this one has been in my folder for months....
I learnt to make these Nestum Pinky Cookies during one of the weekend baking classes a few years ago. Love them a lot & I've made them a few times for Hari Raya. There's just one extra step for these crunchy cookies, you need to bake them twice! And just be warned, the dough is very dry, so we need to press it into cookie moulds to shape the cookies. This is certainly not the straight forward type of cookies to make, but definitely one worth a try!
Nestum Pinky Cookies
60g ghee (clarified butter) - I used QBB.
140g butter (softened)
160g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40g egg yolk (from 1-2 eggs)
30g sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp strawberry paste/emulco
1/4 tsp pink colour
*1/4 tsp baking soda
*30g tapioca flour
*100g plain flour (I used top flour / pastry flour)
*150g self-raising flour
* combine & sift these ingredients
240g Nestum Cereal Original
Nestum Cereal Honey (I used Nestum Cereal Original.)
|Diameter of base is 2cm.|
- Combine butter, ghee, sugar & salt in a mixing bowl & mix thoroughly.
- Add in egg yolk, condensed milk, strawberry paste/ emulco & pink colour & mix well.
- Add in the flours & Nestum Cereal. Mix well. (Note: The dough is quite dry but DON'T add anymore butter.)
- Take some dough & press it into the cookie mould (diameter of base is 2cm). Place the mould on a baking tray. Continue until finish.
- Bake at 150 deg C for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Do not switch off the oven.
- Remove cookies from the moulds. Brush the top of each cookie with egg white & dip it onto the Nestum cereal. Arrange the cookies on a baking tray. Bake them again in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & transfer cookies onto a wire rack. Leave to cool completely. Store in airtight container.