Saturday 16 May 2015

Caramelised Cookie Cheesecake

This is the cheesecake that I made last Saturday. I used the same recipe as the Oreo Cheesecake I made before but this time I replaced the oreo cookies with caramelised cookies. This recipe is really a keeper, that’s not a surprise since it's created by a cheesecake teacher.  The cake is creamy, smooth & just slightly tangy. But the cookie crumb base was quite wet, not sure if it's caused by water sipping into the pan, which I doubt since I wrapped the base of pan with aluminium foil. So next time, I would bake the crust first before pouring the cake batter.






Update (30 May 2015):
Below is the caramelised cookies I bought, the Lotus Biscoff Biscuit & Caramelito. In Singapore, you can purchase them from Mustaffa, Candy Empire & Choco Express. I've also seen the Lotus brand at Fairprice Tampines Mall. 


Caramelised Cookie Cheesecake

Crust:
20 caramelised cookies (I used Lotus Biscoff brand.)
70g butter, melted
Blend the cookies into crumbs. Pour in melted butter & mix well. Press into cheesecake pan - 9-inch (23cm) round or square cheesecake pan, ungreased, or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5cm) sides, greased. Set aside in the freezer to firm.

Filling:
3 packages (each 8oz/250g) cream cheese, softened
280g yogurt. (I used 2 small tubs of Marigold low-fat yogurt.)
150g granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 caramelised cookies (broken into quarters)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (180 deg C). Wrap the base of the pan with aluminium foil if you are using the water-bath method.
  2. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt & sugar on medium high speed for 3 minutes. (I beat until the cream cheese is smooth.)
  3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
  4. Stir in vanilla.
  5. Fold in quartered cookies.
  6. Pour batter over frozen crust. Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until the top is light brown & the center has a slight jiggle to it. (I baked using water-bath method.)
  7. Cool on a rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from 125 Best Cheesecake Recipes by George Geary.

I am submitting this post to:
  1. Bake Along, an event organised by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Lena of Frozen Wings and Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids & 
  2. Little Thumbs Up (May 2015: YOGURT) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY & hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai.

11 comments:

mui mui said...

Good morning Cikgu Faeez,
This is such a lovely cheesecake.
It looks so creamy and smooth and rich too :)
Thanks for shairng this to LTU!
mui

lena said...

never seen before caramelised cookies here..hmm..guess it's nice to eat on its own too..the caramel thing..
thx so much for your contribution on this delicious superb looking cheesecake!

Faeez said...

Good morning Mui Mui,
Great recipe for a perfect cheesecake!

Faeez said...

Hi Lena,
You are right, the cookies are great just eating on its own. They are now more commonly found in Singapore.

Marie said...

Hi can I know where to get the caramel cookies? can you also show the packet of the cookies. Thanks.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Faeez,
Lovely cheesecake, and it looks so yummy! Thanks for linking!

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

I have to say that I'm blessed to find Lotus cookies and even Lotus spread here, your cheesecake recipe looks like a great place to start using these caramelised biscuits!

Marie said...

Hi can I know where to get the caramelised cookies?

Baking Taitai said...

Hi Faeez, I love all sorts of cheesecake but haven't tried one with caramelised cookies before, bet it tastes really good! Have bookmarked this recipe! Thanks for sharing with LTU. :)

Zoe said...

Hi Faeez,

I remember years ago, I can hardly see Lotus Biscoff in Singapore. Now it is selling everywhere. It is our fav cookies too but can't find them in Aus!!! Very ultimate to enjoy these cookies in the form of cheesecake... Yum!

Thank you so much for baking along with us :D

Zoe

Faeez said...

Hi Yong Chua, I've updated my post with the picture of the pack of cookies & where you can get them from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...