I've never made sujee cookies for hari raya before because my mum would always make a bottle for me. This year, I decided to bake them myself as I wanted to try a different recipe. So I made these melt-in-the- mouth cookies.... can't stop munching on them coz they are so good & sooo addictive.
Almond Sugee Cookies
(The recipe below is half the original recipe & it yields 125 cookies. )
227g ghee (clarified butter)
150 g sugar powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of baking powder
50g almond powder (I toasted slightly. )
1/2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
500g self-raising flour (sifted)
- Mix and stir well the ghee, sugar and salt.
- Add baking powder, almond powder and condensed milk.
- Add the flour bit by bit, until you are able to form a soft dough.
- Make into small round balls and put into paper cups in a baking tray. (I form into 8g balls & I didn't use paper cups.)
- Bake at 160 deg C for 15 mins. (I baked at 140 deg C, fan-forced, for 30 minutes.)