Sunday 5 July 2015

Almond Sugee Cookies

I've never made sujee cookies for hari raya before because my mum would always make a bottle for me. This year, I decided to bake them myself as I wanted to try a different recipe. So I made these melt-in-the- mouth cookies.... can't stop munching on them coz they are so good & sooo addictive. 




Almond Sugee Cookies
(The recipe below is half the original recipe & it yields 125 cookies. )

Ingredients:
227g ghee (clarified butter)
150 g sugar powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of baking powder
50g almond powder (I toasted slightly. )
1/2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
500g self-raising flour (sifted)

Method :
  1. Mix and stir well the ghee, sugar and salt.
  2. Add baking powder, almond powder and condensed milk.
  3. Add the flour bit by bit, until you are able to form a soft dough.
  4. Make into small round balls and put into paper cups in a baking tray. (I form into 8g balls & I didn't use paper cups.)
  5. Bake at 160 deg C for 15 mins. (I baked at 140 deg C, fan-forced, for 30 minutes.)
Recipe by Forty and Beyond.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...