Lapis Mocha Latte
400g butter (I used unsalted butter & added 3/4 tsp salt.)
200g sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g fine sugar
50g cake flour
20 egg yolks
1 tsp mocha paste
- Preheat oven (grill or top heat only) at about 180 deg C. (Refer to my post here for more tips on baking lapis cakes.)
- Grease & line the bottom of a baking pan. (10x7 inch or 8x8 inch.)
- Beat butter, condensed milk & vanilla until creamy & pale. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks & sugar in a mixing bowl & beat until thick & pale.
- Add in butter. Mix using hand whisk or spatula until well blended.
- Fold in flour & mix until well blended.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal part. Add mocha paste into 1 part & mix well. Leave the other part plain.
- Pour 2 big spoonfuls or 85g of mocha batter into baking pan. Spread the batter evenly & bake for about 3-5 minutes or until the layer turns golden brown. Remove the pan & press the layer with a lapis cake presser to even out the layer & pop any bubbles. Continue with the rest of the mocha batter until finish. Then continue baking the plain batter, each layer about 85g or 2 big spoonfuls.
- After baking the last layer, bake the whole cake using top & bottom heat at 200 deg C for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and allow to cool on a cooling wire rack before serving.
Adapted from Resep Masakan Internasional.