Wednesday 1 July 2015

Red Velvet Choc Chip Cookies

As I'm typing this, my eyes can hardly open.... Was at work till almost 5, did some driving errands & only reached home at about 7.30. Now, I'm really feeling exhausted... Ok..., this is another chocolate chip cookies I made on Friday. Unlike the other chocolate chip cookies, these are not as  light & crunchy... they're slightly dense & soft on the inside but still tasty & addictive. Another highly recommended recipe for Hari Raya!




Red Velvet Choc Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
120g plain flour (I used top flour.)
50g rice flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
120g Planta brand margerine (I used unsalted butter & added 1/2 tsp salt.)
10g ghee (clarified butter)
100g castor sugar
1 egg yolk
50g almond nib (Toasted at 170 deg C for 5 minutes.)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp red colouring (I used 1 tsp Star brand artificial cochineal red food colouring.)
30g white chocolate chips (I used 60g.)
30g chocolate chips (I didn't use.)

Method:
1. Combine the two flours & cocoa powder. Sift & set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine margerine (butter), ghee & castor sugar & beat till pale.
3. Add in egg yolk & mix well.
4. Add in vanilla essence & colouring & mix till well blended.
5. Add in flours & cocoa powder. Mix using a wooden spoon or spatula till a dough is formed.
6. Finally, add in almond nib, half the chocolate & half the white chocolate chips.
7. Spoon some dough onto a lined baking pan. Continue until finish. 
8. Decorate the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 20 minutes. (I baked for about 30 minutes.)
10. Once baked, transfer cookies onto a wire rack & leave to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.

Recipe by Planta from the Seceria Air Tangan Ibu campaign.
Source: Masam Manis.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...