Wednesday 22 July 2015

Almond Jackfruit Biscuits

As I was clearing the kitchen cabinet to make space for the raya cookies & snacks, I found a pack of jackfruit chips which I'd forgotten about. Then I remembered that I intentionally hid the pack because I wanted to use it to make jackfruit cookies... Good thing the chips were still good...


I'm not a fan of fresh jackfruit... but I love the chips a lot... The smell is not overpowering but they still taste great, just like the fresh ones. Besides, they are crunchy & so addictive! These jackfruit cookies on the other hand, have very subtle jackfruit flavour... so subtle that my son could not make out what the 'strange' flavour was. I would prefer if the jackfruit flavour was more intense... Anyway, the cookies are still great... I guess you just can't go wrong when the ingredients include French butter, Nestum & almonds.... hehe.



Almond Jackfruit Biscuits
Ingredients:
125g soft butter
100g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
1/8 tsp egg yellow colouring
200g top flour (aka pastry flour) - combined with baking soda & sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
70g jackfruit chips (finely ground)
50g Nestum (finely ground)
50g ground almond

sliced almonds for deco
1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash

Method:
  1. Beat butter, brown sugar & vanilla essence until light & fluffy. 
  2. Add in egg & yellow colouring, continue to beat until smooth. 
  3. Gradually add in top flour, ground jackfruit chips, Nestum & ground almond. Mix to a smooth dough. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Roll out the dough & cut into preferred shapes using a cookie cutter. Arrange in baking tray (I lined with baking paper), egg wash & place sliced almonds on top. Bake biscuits in oven at 160 deg C for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
Recipe by Kalsom Edi.
Source: Asmah Laili's Goodness Gracious Absolutely Delicious...

4 comments:

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

I'm not a fan of jackfruit as well and I always groan when my mom bought some and put it in the fridge haha. (But I love durians!) Wish I can try some of those biscuits!

mui mui said...

Hi Faeez,
You are very creative to add jackfruit chips into these lovely cookies.
How I wish I can have one, they look really inviting!
I have nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger award. Please refer to my post at http://my123favourites.blogspot.com/2015/07/stone-fruit-lemon-yogurt-cake.html

mui

Faeez said...

Jasline,
Haha! I love durians too!

Faeez said...

Mui Mui,
Awww..... Thank you! I'm so honoured. I'll do the necessary... thanks again. :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...