Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hakuna Matata... It's now at our doorstep.....

           The first time we tried to watch the Lion King Musical was 13 or 14 years ago when we were in NewYork. We were walking around and exploring the city when we found ourselves outside a theatre which, I  recently discovered, was the  Amsterdam Theatre. The new theatre was showing the Lion King Musical. My husband and I were quite excited, not because we were keen on theatrical performances but because it was showing a musical show based on the Lion King movie. Our family, especially our two girls (there were only the two of them then), was always watching the movie on  the VCR. So we thought it would be a great thing to watch! But, it was not meant to be..... The lady at the ticket booth apologized and told us that tickets for the show until the following year were all sold out!


  So when the musical arrived in Singapore at the MBS theatre, my eldest daughter, Amira, got so excited that she and her best friends went to watch it. Since then, she had not stopped telling me how good it was and that we must watch it. All the more since we did try to watch it, though it's more than a decade ago and 50 million people have already done so! So since it's the school holidays and before we miss it again, my family, my sis and brother-in-law went for the show last Sunday afternoon. 
        
 

          What a spectacular musical performance!!! Everything about it - the performers,  props, music, lighting, visual effects - was just amazing! Words just cannot capture its extravagance. You just have to watch it! I'm thinking of watching it again. Not with the whole family (it's costly for a big family like mine)....just me and my husband. My birthday is around the corner, so maybe that's a good excuse! 
          We were early for the show, so my husband suggested we go up the Sands SkyPark on the 56th floor of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The view was breathtaking. It's better than the view from the Flyer. I'll go up the SkyPark again when the Gardens by the Bay is completed.



          
 The weather was scotching hot so we stopped for a drink at the cafe  on the observation deck.



           On the 57th floor was the Infinity Pool........nice....


          All in all, it was a good day. I know the children, especially the boys, were very happy as  the whole family went out and did things other than shopping and eating out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...