I know there are still so many houses that I need to visit this Hari Raya but I'm just not in the mood....my two girls are at school, Amir went to school this morning & will go for his tuition this evening...so I think we'll just do the visiting on Saturday. Yesterday afternoon though, I managed to bring my parents to their siblings' places, my second time visiting these houses this HR!
Since I found this recipe 11 years ago on Suriachannel's website, Mocha Ice-cream Flakes has been my favourite HR cookies. Made this many times & I'm still not sick of it. I'm glad I printed the recipe when I saw it because the link to the recipe is now missing, maybe ever since Mediacorp revamped its website. This time, I sprinkled some pastel-coloured jimmies...looks pretty, isn't it.....?
Ice-Cream Mocha Flakes
100g castor sugar
1 tbsp coffee emulco
25g vanilla ice-cream (softened)
25g vanilla ice-cream powder
1 tbsp fresh milk
320g hongkong flour ( I used plain flour.)
100g almond (chopped)
200g cornflakes (crushed)
colourful spinkles (I added.)
- Combine A in a bowl & blend well.
- Add in B & mix well.
- Add in C & mix thoroughly.
- Place about a tsp of dough into a mini paper cup. Spinkle with colourful spinkles. Place on a baking tray. Repeat until dough finish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 40 minutes, rotating tray halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven & transfer cookies on wire rack until completely cool. Store in an air-tight container.