I spoke too soon..... I said that I felt good after my gym session, now my body is aching all over!!! I walk like a robot as every step I take causes my legs to ache.... Every move I make with my hands hurts my shoulder & upper body... and when I cough & sneeze, my stomach hurts.... ouch!!! On top of that, I'm also coming down with flu....(:
I made these Coconut Cheese Fingers for Hari Raya. I used the recipe by Rozita Abdul Kader which I took from her book Keistimewaan Biskut. One word to describe this cookie is 'mild'! It is mildly sweet & has mild cheese & coconut flavour. So if you like your cookies that way, you'll like this recipe....... Try it!
Coconut Cheese Fingers
1 egg yolk
50g castor sugar
50g cheddar cheese (grated)
30g desiccated coconut (grind till fine)
20g ground almond
50g corn flour
150g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
cheddar cheese (grated)
- Combine A & blend well.
- Add in B & blend well.
- Add in C & mix thorougly until a dough is formed.
- Cover dough with plastic & leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Place dough in between 2 plastic sheets & roll it to about 1/4 inch thick. With a floured cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on lined baking sheets. Gather excess dough into a ball, reroll, and cut out remaining cookies.
- Let cookies rest for at least 1 hour.
- Brush cookies with beaten egg & sprinkle almond nibs & grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes at 150 deg C.