I used the Vegetarian Korma recipe from Zarina's Home Cooking, Recipes from Singapore & Malaysia. I bought this book just after I got married, about 21 years ago. I have another book of hers, Zarina's Easy Cooking. That was a wedding gift presented to me by my schoolmate. If you are looking for cooking books that have recipes of common daily dishes, especially Malay & Indian dishes, I highly recommend these books!
Source: Zarina's Easy Cooking
Recipes from Singapore & Malaysia
300g small potatoes - cut into halves
1 carrot (about 200g) - I used mixed frozen vegetables.
100g french beans - I didn't use.
4 medium tomatoes
4 sprigs mint leaves
3 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
2 pcs (4cm lengh) cinnamon stick
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup water
30 cashew nuts- roast or fry till brown
10 cherry tomatoes or 3 tomatoes (sliced into 8 parts)
juice of 1 lemon
2 sprigs coriander leaves]chopped
2 sprigs mint leaves ]
6 tbsp oil
- Boil salted water & half cook each of the vegetables. Strain & set aside.
- Grind B in liquidiser until fine.
- Heat oil & fry C until fragrant.
- Add in B & D until fragrant.
- Then add in water, potatoes & salt.
- Then add carrot & cauliflower & cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add corn, beans, lemon juice, cashew nuts & tomatoes. Mix well.
- Finally, add chopped coriander & mint leaves.
- Serve with rice, chapati or naan.